Watercolors & I

I'm writing this post as I am editing and finalizing the lessons for my upcoming class 'Watercolor Workbook'. The class will go live this month, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to tell you a little bit about my infatuation, hmm, who am I kidding, full blown obsession with watercolors. 


I will start at the beginning.
I have no official art degree or education. I am completely self taught. What I do have, is a lifelong fascination with drawing and painting. As a child I was always drawing, mostly faces and portraits. I don't know how good I was, but I know I kept at it. 


Until I went to university. 
Medicine school, to be accurate. 
As you can imagine, I did not have a lot of free time as a student, and much much less as I started working and became a mother. But then we decided to move to Austria, and since my degree was not recognized here, nor did I speak any German, I was suddenly a stay at home mom to our barely 2 year old daughter, while learning German and doing what was needed, to be able to practice medicine in Austria. 
That left me with a lot more free time than I was used to. That led me to YouTube, which led me to scrapbooking. It didn't take long for me to find my way to mixed media, and watercolors. I started scrapbooking in 2011, and during 2013 I started using mixed media heavily on my layouts ( I'd like to refer to scrapbooking as my gateway drug ;) ). 
Since then, my style has evolved, developed and changed significantly. I had all these amazing supplies, paints, inks, mists, crayons... And from all of these, watercolors were the ones calling me, tempting me with their wonderful unique qualities and beauty. 


I was using them on my scrapbook layouts more and more, but that wasn't enough. I really wanted to explore this glorious medium more. I started learning, taking online classes, painting more and more. I may have done some watercolor shopping as well.


And here I am. Still learning, always painting. I want to share the joy of painting with watercolors, even if you don't know how to draw, even if you're intimidated. This class is all about having fun.
Sign up for my newsletter and be the first to know once this class goes live!
More details to come, so stay tuned! 

Comments

Popular Posts