A Double Pager + 2 Process Videos

I don't usually make double pages, but this time I did it in a unique way, for me at least. I knew these pages would face each other in the album, since both photos were from the same event, but I didn't want to create one 12*24 layouts. I started by making one page, and then when I made the second one, I echoed some of the details of the first one.
Here are the finished layouts-



I knew I wanted to use that gorgeous Capture Life Echo Park paper (the name is Bokeh Blur Paper) as my background, and I really wanted it to show. So I only added a couple of other papers, from the Our Travels collection by Webster's Pages and from the Echo Park Capture Life 6*6 paper pad. I also added some vellum from the Cosmo Cricket Vellumptuous pack.


I also kept the embellishments simple, using die cuts and vellum die cuts from the Oh, Darling collection by Crate Paper. Final touches were mist splatters in Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst mist in Cosmopolitan Pink.


Here's the video-


And then I made the second page. I kept the design very similar, again using a 6*6 paper, also from the Capture Life collection. I used a 1/4 inch strip I cut off the background paper in the first layout on the second page, to get that hint and pop of color.


For the second page I went with an almost monochromatic look, using lots of white and touches of silver.


Those gorgeous triangles are Studio Calico, and the feathers rub ons Jenni Bowlin. I also added some silver enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.
Here's the video for this page-

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. I love all of these! Already seen the videos! It is so inspiring to listen to you and now you really got me on the Mixed Media train! I've already been playing a bit with my new stuff and it was so much fun! Gesso is my new best buddy! Now I need to work on my patience so that my projects get more layers and more levels of å-some. Yeah, you got "a heroes mention" in the blog yesterday and I took the liberty to link your video from the post, I hope you don't mind. Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us! Take care! /Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts