January's Focus- Mists (and Molding Paste)

Here's a great way to use mists- mix them with another medium. I used molding paste for this layout, but it's also possible to mix mists with white acrylic paint, gesso or gel medium for different effects. I was going for the dimensional look, so molding paste was the best choice, since that's what it's meant for and holds its shape so well (even when mixed with a small amount of liquid).


I wanted to create a fun background for a layout, and I love the combination of bright yellow and white, so I used white cardstock and a circle stencil.


Look at that lovely dimension!


And here's the finished layout-


I used a few scraps here under the photo, but the rest of the layout is quite simple.


I used Heidi Swapp's color shine in Primrose to add a splash of pink (which is what I do most of the time with my mists, splatter them around).


The rest was just adding the title and some cute embellishments. Wood veneers and paper clips.



I hope you're inspired to try something new with your mists, and thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. That is stunning! I love using dimensional materials, especially moulding past and other similar products. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the pink and yellow color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dimension and the happy yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts