Scrap More- The Beloved Patterned Paper- Part 3

Autumn leaves...
I have a lot of pictures from a couple of weekends we spent in Slovenia last Autumn. I'm trying to make things easier, and I'm scrapping these pictures with a limited set of supplies. I chose a few embellishments I had, mostly from an old Crate Paper collection called Pink Plum, and I keep adding patterned paper as needed for each page I make. That already narrows down the choices considerably, since I only use papers that go with those embellishments.
I love this paper from the Sundrifter collection  by Studio Calico. The color is gorgeous, the pattern unique, and it just goes really well with all those lovely autumn colors. So I really wanted to let it stand out. In the previous posts, I used my favorite papers as the whole 12*12. But this paper was too busy, so I cut it down to about 4 inches. With the page design I used, the photos take up about 6 inches in height, which leaves a perfect 1 inch at the bottom and the top for the background paper, here a dark wood-grain. 
When you use a busier paper this way, you really don't need much else. I had those lovely chipboard pieces I wanted to use, and a couple of stickers, but that was it. I see the patterned paper as an embellishment here.



That forest in Slovenia was like out of a fairytale. Amazing. I love that my hair was so color coordinated:)
A few close-ups:




I wrote in a previous post, lately I try to use only one 12*12 paper per page (the background), and use my scraps (or 6*6 pads) for the rest. That's because I have wayyyy too many scraps. But here I did cut that lovely Studio Calico paper. So another "strategy" I'm trying out, is to use it fast. Leave it on the table, and work on something where I know I can use that particular paper. So I stayed with my Slovenia photos, and went hunting for a 12*12 paper that would work with the SC paper. I found that great notes paper by Sassafras. Again, I used a design that really lets that paper stand out. Here's the finished page-




Using those pre-chosen embellishments, made this layout come together fast. Those pictures are from this really pretty cafe we sat at. Very girly, I liked it:) Ljubljana really surprised us and turned out to be a lovely, lively classy European town.




So that left with me one last piece of paper, and luckily I had (just kidding, I still have lots of pictures to scrap from that trip...) a few more pictures from Ljubljana. I created this page-





And that's how I used that lovely SC paper. One almost too pretty to use paper, 3 layouts. I think this is a great way to showcase your favorite papers in your albums.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Beautiful layouts, love how cutting the patterned paper showcased it and made the layouts cohesive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...such gorgeous pages! I love how you used a strip of that one bold pink pattern in each page, keeping them each so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful layouts and I agree, I love the colours! I love how you stretched out the use of the paper. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts