Combine Old(er) & New

Don't you just love it when something in your stash fits just perfectly to exciting new collections?
I have been scrapbooking for about two years, so I have to say I don't have a lot of older collections. And my "scrappy memory" is also not that long... I mostly discover older collections through Shimelle Laine's classes and videos. That's how I discovered Sassafras Lass, a company that sadly no longer exists. But I was lucky to get a couple of papers, stickers and one set of embellishments. I got it at Danipeuss, a German based online store.
I started making this layout using some lovely Cosmo Cricket papers from their newer collection, Summer Love. I don't have any embellishments from it, just a few papers. Well, I am happy to report, that they look great with the Sassafras Lass embellishments.
Here's the finished layout:



I used a couple of washi tapes, and a 6*6 paper from the Crate Maggie Holmes collection. The word stickers are from My Mind's Eye. I took one photo overlay from Crate Paper's DIY Shop collection and tucked it behind that bottom flower. Some gold splatters using Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Ombre Yellow Enamel Dew Drops from Freckled Fawn and that's it!
The page is basically about how my daughter was waiting for summer, so she can wear her sandals (that she picked. She's very opinionated, and knows exactly what she wants) and a skirt.
Gotta love summer:)




Thanks for visiting and have a scrappy weekend!

Comments

  1. lovely happy layout! love the string and flowers - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the colors of your layout! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout ! There is something special in your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling layout, love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two lines work great together and I love the photo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts