SCRAPBOOKING WITH THE PIER COLLECTION

I really love this page from Wilna over at 2peas, and since I just bought a few items from the new Crate Paper collection- The Pier,  I wanted to put it on paper right away.  I love how Wilna  used two frames, one in/on the other, and then that pinwheel in the middle. I did buy a few of the 12*12 sheets from The Pier, but somehow these days I find the 6*6 pads much easier to use. I tend not to cut them at all, which is nice and leaves me with no scraps (the scraps are taking over my space and I don't like it...). And also, I only buy 12*12 papers that I really love, which makes them somehow a bit harder to cut and cover. With the 6*6 papers I rarely have that problem. There are always papers in the pack that I like just a little bit less (though in the last couple of Crate Paper lines they're getting fewer and fewer!), so I can easily use them to create a richer, more layered look, but still let my absolute favorites take center stage (after the photos, of course!). Anyway, here's my finished page:



I'm having a bit trouble with titles lately. I don't own a lot of letter stickers, because the ones I like (Thickers) are quite pricey, and somehow they end up out of my shopping bag. The ones I do own and love are down to the very unusable letters... Many times I'm just too lazy or in too much of a hurry to cut my title on the Silhouette. And with the Silhouette the result is not as dimensional as with using Thickers. So here I used a phrase sticker and a piece of chipboard as the mini-titles, and I'm OK with that. I have more photos from the day, so I plan to have more layouts with more journaling. This one just highlights my favorite photo from that day, and I really like the feeling of the page, airy and delicate.


I used some white crepe paper (from my LCS, costs nothing for a huge roll and great for layering) between my background (white cardstock) and the patterned papers (all from the 6*6 pad). The rest is mostly from the different embellishments from The Pier line. Those arrow/chevron stickers are Studio Calico, and that cute blue heart is from Amy Tangerine.


Now here's something I learned about rub-ons. I admit that since my childhood I haven't used those, but last month I bought a couple of packages, and the one used in this page is one of the She Art Rub Ons. Well, I only used it in the first place because I got some paint in that corner under the FUN TIMES chipboard piece. But I did not cut the part I wanted to use, instead I lay the whole thing on my page and attempted to rub on the part I wanted. Well, turns out that the whole thing just got immediately stuck to the photo. I don't mind how it turned out, I actually think it really fits the whole feel here, but I was really lucky the black parts from the Rub On sheet didn't. So lesson learned- always cut out the part you want to use from the whole Rub On sheet.
Finishing touches were added with some sequins and splatters, and some tiny doodles with the clear star Jelly Roll pen.
So if you have some summer/beach photos waiting to be scrapped, or planning some scrapbooking supplies shopping for this summer's activities, check out The Pier collection from Crate, it's just beautiful.
thanks for visiting and have a scrappy weekend!

Comments

  1. The Pier collection would have to be one of my all time favourite collections. I love how you used it and I think this page is perfect without a letter title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty page, i especially like the doodles you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! I love how you used the chipboard and the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. יש לך בלוג מקסים - שמחתי להכיר
    (ראיתי שפרסמת במפתח היצירה)
    יש לי סלוטייפ שדומה לתחרה הלבנה ששמת בצד
    http://www.tapuz.co.il/blog/net/ViewEntry.aspx?EntryId=2439916

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts